Saturday 12 February 2011

Delicious Meat Balls or Yummy Burger?

I know I've been a little bit off, but I have reasons to it. I've been searching for jobs as well as researching for new recipes. I have found some stuff that might be worthy doing, but I thought I should give a go on my easy home made little things such as meat balls (which I use the same recipe for my burgers) and people here love them!
When the kids are around I fill the meat balls or burgers with cheddar cheese and they adore them!
It is also suitable to freeze and I leave there for a month or so and will work just as good.
So, to the recipe:
800g of mince meat
1/2 a medium onion finely chopped
1 egg
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp of ground coriander seeds
A pinch of ground nutmeg
A pinch of finely chopped chives and parsley - I normally cut a big bunch and freeze them
Salt and pepper to taste - for this amount of meat I used 2 tsp of salt
And plain flour if needed
Start mixing all the ingredients and knead it as if it was a bread dough. If the mixture is too wet, add a spoon of plain flour and knead it again until well combined. You have to be able to make a little meat ball and it won't crumble.
This recipe I've made to freeze and not waste my meat, so I cooked some to show the end result and I also took a picture of how I freeze them. So there you go:
To cook, heat a frying pan with a tbsp of olive oil and put as much or as little meat balls you would like (for burger, use less olive oil). Fry the ball on each side, moving them around from time to time to seal for about 3 minutes, put the heat down and cook a little bit more if you like it medium rare to well cooked. If you fancy any sauce, this is the point to add it.
To freeze I separate the layers with cling film. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment