Sunday 23 January 2011

The Easy and Delicious Brownie

Last week I went to the library looking for a nice book to read in bed, something inspirational! I also had a look at some recipe books and this one came to me.
I cooked this brownie recipe last week and it was beautiful!!! I have promised to put it on the blog this week and Mihaela made it clear that she's been waiting for it! I have done it by the book, because my husband was taking some brownies to his colleagues at work to try and Roger is allergic to nuts (which would be my twist to the recipe), so:
50 ml of vegetable oil
150 gr of white sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 tsp of vanilla extract - although is not on the picture, it was used!!!
4 tbsp of cocoa powder
1/2 tsp of baking powder
8 tbsp of plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp of the nut of your choice - I would use pecan or walnut, but I am sure that almond would also be delicious
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Mix together the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl, stirring until well combined.

In another bowl put the cocoa powder, the plain flour and the baking powder and sieve them into the oil, sugar and egg mixture mixing well. Add the nuts and combine. Grease and flour or just grease and use a baking parchment in a 20x20cm baking tray.
Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake it for approximately 15 minutes. Leave the brownie to cool down and then cut them. If hot serve with ice cream or cream, or have it cold, or do it your way! But do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment