Tuesday 18 January 2011

The unplanned sausages and beans salad

When my husband is working and I have to cook only for myself I normally chose to "clean up" the fridge and use ingredients that are there for some time.
Today I felt like a salad and following the tradition, cleaned the fridge!
I know that the planned recipe was the moqueca, but I think this salad is so nice that you should give it a go...
Ingredients:

1 ramekin of Polish sausage (kabanossi) - you can find it at Tesco in UK and in Brazil is the "paio"... Sorry if I can't give information on how to find it in any other country
1 ramekin of butter beans in water
1 ramekin of finely chopped courgette - about half courgette
1 ramekin of green peas
1 tomato finely chopped - if you prefer the cherry ones, you can use about 8 of them cut in disks
1/3 of a red pepper finely chopped
1/3 of a yellow pepper finely chopped
1/2 an onion finely chopped
1 tsp of garlic paste
Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Fry the sausage in a frying pan with no oil at all - it will release its own oil. The add the courgette and fry it for about 5 minutes, then add the onion and fry it until golden brown. Add the garlic paste, cook it for about a minute and add the beans and peas. Cook it mixing all the time for 3 minutes. Take from the heat, put in a bowl and mix the other ingredients (tomato and peppers). To season I normally use:
1 tbsp of the soy sauce
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp of olive oil - extra virgin is the best
Some salt and pepper.
You can serve it hot as it is or cold. I like it with leaves salad (watercress, rockets and spinash).
Hope you like it as much as I do!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cy! Muito prazer! Que delícia de blog, hein??

    Vi lá no Casa de Colorir a sua dúvida sobre como colocar os botões. É bem facil, mas tenho que explicar melhor. Faz o seguinte? Me add no gtalk que a gente conversa, pode ser?

    thalitamagalhaes@gmail.com

    Beijos!

    ReplyDelete