Friday 14 January 2011

Finally the 2MY1 Apple Crumble

Hello people! Hope you've been trying some of our recipes so you can give me some tips!
I tried to find out about the history of apple crumble. The British claim it was invented here, the Americans also say that it was created there but called it apple crisp. I prefer not to comment as I don't know who to believe... All I know is that I love it!
For my apple crumble, I have named it in honour of my husband, as most of the things I cook are specially for him!
Ok, let's go to the recipe:
5 Bramley apples cut in cubes
1 ramekin of sugar
1 ramekin of rasins
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp of Disaronno (Amaretto)
In a frying pan disolve the sugar with the lemon juice over a high heat. When melted, the mixture will look like a foam (refer to picture below).
Add the butter and the Disaronno and switch off the stove. Add the apples and the raisins and share the apple mixture into the ramekins (serves 9) or in a oven proof dish.
Reserve, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 fan), and prepare the crumble:
2 ramekins of plain flour
1 ramekin of porridge oat
1 ramekin of ground Brazil nuts
1 ramekin of sugar
1 ramekin of dry grated coconut - it's not on the picture because I ran out, but makes all the difference :-(((
2 tbsp, very full, of butter - I always use the salted one
1 tsp of cinnamon 


Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with your fingertips. It will end up with a "beach's sand" consistency.
 
Spoon the mixture over the apple mixture and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with double cream. I love it!!!!




IMPORTANT: If you are more of a sweet tooth, add more sugar (another ramekin) at the first step (with the lemon juice).

* NEXT RECIPE: Chicken Satay

No comments:

Post a Comment